AUS-CONVICTS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-CONVICTS > 2007-02 > 1171108818

From: "John and Dawn Foreman" <>
Subject: Re: [AUS-CON] MARY EVANS: INCONSTANT - Mary Ann EVANS
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:04:57 +1000

Hello Dorne,

Mary Evans married William Ware, by banns, at St. Peters C of E
Collingwood, Vic. on
15 October 1849, with concent of legal guardian, W. Lonsdale. ( W. Lonsdale
was the Chief Magistrate of the Colony of Port Philip at that time.)

She appears as Mary Evans in this instance, but as Mary Ann Evans in
children's birth certificates. We estimate from these certificates that she
was born about 1832. Her birthhplace is given as Cork, Ireland.

Thanks,
Dawn