AUS-CONVICTS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-CONVICTS > 2007-02 > 1171351057

From: "Lesley Uebel" <>
Subject: [AUS-CON] Research in Oz
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:17:37 +1100

Hi Lynn

The Indent for the Barwell that was prepared at some stage before the ship left,
states that he was 20.

The 1828 NSW Census has him listed as Henry AshFORD gives his age as 60 = so my
guess is that he was born within the 1768 to 1776 period. Don't get too hung up
about the stated age at death because we do not know if the person who provided
that information actually knew how old he was!

He must have been a man of strong character and amazing patience to have spent
so much time employed by the Rev. Samuel Marsden :)

regards

Lesley Uebel
mailto:

CLAIM A CONVICT