AUS-CONVICTS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-CONVICTS > 2007-02 > 1171491147

From: "Robert K Flynn" <>
Subject: [AUS-CON] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:17:17 +1100

Hi Listers

I am seeking advice and would appreciate any auggestions. My ancestor was a convict transported to Tasmania in 1830. He was transported on the ship the Clyde and was assigned to a Thomas Hammant. At some point he was granted a ticket of leave. Can anyone please tell me :
(a) where I can research information about the ship the Clyde to find out what it was like on board and where it docked when it arrived in tasmania on that particular voyage;
(b) is it possible to research the process of assignment once the convicts reached Tasmania ie what documents may be available; and
(c) is it possible to locate documents relating to the issuing of a particular convict's ticket of leave.

Thanks all

Rob

This thread: