AUS-CONVICTS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-CONVICTS > 2007-02 > 1171762652

From: "Stan Elgood" <>
Subject: Re: [AUS-CON] Sussex Quarter Sessions
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:37:32 +1000

Hi Melissa,

One of my convict ancestors was tried at Hereford Quarter Sessions. I
looked up the Hereford Council's website and found that they had a family
history section.

They were able to provide me with information of his trial for a reasonable
fee.

It may be worth contacting the local council in the major city in Sussex.
It was well worth the money as I found his brother had been tried with him
but acquitted. His brother was later found guilty of another crime and
transported some 5 years later. The clue to the earlier trial and acquittal
confirmed for me that I had his brother as well.

Lyn
in Brisbane