AUS-CONVICTS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-CONVICTS > 2007-02 > 1172131362

From: <>
Subject: [AUS-CON] Lewis, Craft, Robinson Help Requested
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:02:42 +1100

Hi all,

I am beginning the research of my family history and have hit a bit of a
wall but I have seen some postings regarding a couple of my ancestors (sure
there will be other hurdles from other lines as well) but in relation to
these one the posts are back from 2000 and 2001 so I was hoping those that
can help are still lurking here.

1.Rees LEWIS arr PJ on DUNVEGAN CASTLE 30.3.1830
Assigned to AK Mackenzie, Bathurst
TOL Bathurst 1838, TOL Braidwood 1843
1844 married Harriet Morton, 14 children, most b Mulbring Creek
1845 TOL Maitland, CP 1852
Children married BRIDGE, COLLINS amongst others
died 1889 Wallsend district
2.William LEWIS arr PJ on DUNVEGAN CASTLE 30.3. 1830
brother of Rees Lewis above
Assigned to Montague......illegible
1836 census, with new mistress Mrs M Smith, Illawarra
TOL 1838 Illawarra, altered for Yass 1844, CP 1846
3.Joseph Craft
Arrived 1791
Chip Albemarle
Trial - Middlesex, 1790
Sentenced to Life at age of 32
4.Sarah Robinson who arrived on the Transport ship Earl of Cornwallis.
Trial
Place Chester 8/10/1799.
Earl Cornwallis - Arrived 12 June 1801.
She was assigned to a Peulet. and later married Joseph Craft.

I am trying to put an extended family web site together so I am after
gedcoms, photos, stories, documentation etc that may be available for public
display. Not trying to sound or be a leach but trying to make a big job
easier for myself :->

The website if you need to have a look before answering is
http://thelewisfamily.id.au <http://thelewisfamily.id.au/>; . Any help
appreciated.

All the best to everyone.

Laurie Lewis