AUS-CONVICTS-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-CONVICTS > 2008-09 > 1220647510

From: "Neil & Jan Hearn" <>
Subject: Re: [AUS-CON] John HAYNES
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 06:45:10 +1000

Thanks for your reply, Lesley. No, the death certificate for John HAYNES in
Bombala gives no family details. We do know that John was present at the
marriage of his daughter, Maria, to Edwin MANWARING near Cootamundra in
1876. We have traced Mary Ann Sloman back to Dorset and Somerset and know
that she wasn't a convict.
I've looked at several convicts named John HAYNES arriving in Tasmania but
have been unable to verify that any of them are the John we seek. Where can
I search for other arrivals in Victoria pre 1849?Any suggestions would be
thankfully received.
Jan