AUS-NSW-HILLS-HAWKESBURY-HUNTER-VALLEY-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-NSW-HILLS-HAWKESBURY-HUNTER-VALLEY > 2005-03 > 1109998746

From: "Willow and Damien Aliento-Prokop" <>
Subject: Cole family hawkesbury
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:59:06 +1100 (EST)

Hello,
My great-great grandfather was WILLIAM GEORGE COLE, a fisherman on the
Hawkesbury, and born there at Peats Ferry in the 1860s.

He married Bridget Kelly (from the Popran Creek Kelly family)in 1887
at Sydney.

I have the birth cert for their first son, Harold James Edward William
Issac COLE (thats a lot of names for a wee scrap of baby isn't it)
who was born at Peats Ferry on 25 September 1890.

The informant was Bridget, and the witness Mary COLE and I don't know
who she is as I have nothing more on William Cole but his name, and as
he said he was 23 when Harold was born, he must have been born in
about 1867.

I cannot find his birth at the BDM extracts (none of them fit right,
though there's one at Brisbane Waters he is a few years off the right
age).

Does anyone out there have anything on this family? I've come across
a couple of Kelly researchers, through another Rootsweb list, but
noone on the Cole family. and these are my brick wal;ls these Aussies
of mine (Dad is Australian (his mother was June Sheila COLE), my
mother is American, and that side I'm back to 1600s, but its strange
not knowing about the ancestry on the side of the country I was born
IN and live in!)

Thank you,
and good luck with everyone's digging for roots :)

Willow Aliento
Mummulgum NSW

This thread: