AUS-NSW-Hunter-Valley-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-NSW-Hunter-Valley > 2000-01 > 0947745150

From: "Cheryl Susan Goh" <>
Subject: Re: Simsville and the Jarrah Mill
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:32:30 +1100

Hello Judy
Thanks for that its great.
My G. Grandfather was Walter Henry Sims and I have had a real problem
tracking him down. The children's birth certificates state Queensland as
his place of origan, some go as far saying Roma. However I have not traced
him there. I first find proof of him in the Windsor Richmond area (my G
Grandmother's home). They moved to the Kiama area about 1890 and had
several more children. After GGmother died 1908 he has moved to Laurieton,
on the census however I can only find one daughter, they youngest. She is
mentioned in the Sands as having a boarding house but vanishes after he
marriage at Wingham to James W Burns.
When Walter died James was the informant and he stated Walter was born in
England and his father was a missionary. I've thoroughly checked the
English it does not seem right and I've found many other problems when
double checking details. James did not name the parent neither only the
missionary bit. Walter would have been born C.1855 and I wondered and have
not been able to find out why he move north at that time in his life, I now
wonder if there may be a family tie there.
So if there are any people on the list with a connection to the Sims family
or know anything about the Rev. Simm or William Sims I would love a reply.
Cheryl