AUS-NSW-NEW-ENGLAND-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-NSW-NEW-ENGLAND > 2001-12 > 1007793652

From: "Leanne Gibbs" <>
Subject: Kunz / Konz Surname
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 17:40:52 +1100

Hi All,

I am new to list and thought that I would see if there was anyone out there researching my particular German family who settled in the New England area of NSW.

My ancestor is Theodore Kunz who arrived on the Gottorp in 1857 from Germany. Theodore according to his death certificate is listed as born at Obererlenbach, Germany.

His death certificate also lists that he had six children, four males and two females.

The children that I have identified so far are:

Peter Joseph Kunz (c1846) who married Elizabeth Brandscheid
Henry Phillip Hilarius Kunz (c1852) who married Catherine Brandscheid
John Bernard Kunz (c1853) never married
Maria Anna Theresa Kunz - my ancestor (c1855) who married Christian Iverson (Iversen/Iwerson)

The family settled at Kelly Plains near Armidale, NSW for a while. Later they moved to Bendemeer and Uralla, NSW, several family members later moved to other places in the district such as Tamworth, Gunnedah and Narrabri.

The spelling for the surname seems to change from Kunz to Konz in later generations.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone that is related to this family and swapping information.

Regards
Leanne
Newcastle, NSW

This thread: