AUS-QLD-BRISBANE-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-QLD-BRISBANE > 2011-03 > 1300191160

From: Paul Mann <>
Subject: [AUS-QLD-BRISBANE] Renamed places in Queensland
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 22:12:40 +1000

Hello Kerry and List.

I can confirm

Margaret St. Bulimba

is now Bilyana St.

http://www.whereis.com/qld/Bulimba/Bilyana St.#session=MjY=

My mother was living there at the time of the change

Here a couple of additions to the street name changes:

Old Name

New Name.

SUBURB

Whereis Link

Notes

Alice St.

Bingham St.

Graceville

<http://www.whereis.com/qld/Graceville/Davison%20St.#session=NTA=>;
http://www.whereis.com/qld/Graceville/Davison%20St.#session=NTA=

Street Not found - approximate location noted

Alice St.

Boyanda St.

Mt. Gravatt

<http://www.whereis.com/qld/Wishart/Boyanda%20St.#session=MjY=>;
http://www.whereis.com/qld/Wishart/Boyanda St.#session=MjY=

Now Wishart

Arthur St.

Bricknock St./Brecknock St.

Cooper's Plains

<http://www.whereis.com/qld/Archerfield/Brecknock%20St.#session=NTA=>;
http://www.whereis.com/qld/Archerfield/Brecknock%20St.#session=NTA=

Now Archifield

Bell St.

Brentford St.

Tarragindi

<http://www.whereis.com/qld/Annerley/Cam%20la.#session=MjY=>;
http://www.whereis.com/qld/Annerley/Cam la.#session=MjY=

Street Not found - approximate location noted

Charles St.

Brockman St.

Stafford

<http://www.whereis.com/qld/Kedron/Brockman%20St.#session=MjY=>;
http://www.whereis.com/qld/Kedron/Brockman St.#session=MjY=

Now Kedron

Jane St.

Berguna St. (removed)

Mt. Gravatt (Wishart)

<http://www.whereis.com/qld/Mt.%20Gravatt/Berguna%20St.#session=MjY=>;
http://www.whereis.com/qld/wishart/487-mt-gravatt-capalaba-rd?id=753EDF211A5
A33

Berguna Street has been replaced by houses.

Rose St.

Armes St.

Eagle Farm

<http://www.whereis.com/qld/eagle-farm?id=753DC71D5F582E>;
http://www.whereis.com/qld/eagle-farm?id=753DC71D5F582E

Armes Street now appears to be a private driveway to an industrial site.

Source: Barletts Street Guide - Alphabetic Index of Street Name Changes -
194?

Regards

Paul

On 7 Mar 2011, at 09:19, Kerry Raymond wrote:

> Anyone doing local or family history knows the frustration of finding

> a town or street name or building name that just doesn't appear on a
current map.

> So I have created a WWW page to record changed placenames in Queensland.

> http://www.chapelhill.homeip.net/FamilyHistory/Other/Renamed-Places-in

> -Queen

> sland.html

> There's not much information here yet, so please send me your

> contributions or updates at for any changed

> names that you've come across.

> While it's nice to have links to sources and the full history of the

> name and its change, don't worry if you don't have these as, many

> researchers would welcome any clue to track down those elusive places.

> Enjoy!

> Kerry

This thread: