AUS-SAGEN-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-SAGEN > 2000-05 > 0957869433

From: "Miriam Smith" <>
Subject: Re: Offer to Look-up-PATERSON and LEE
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 20:50:33 +1000

Dear Jill
Thanks for the offer re OPIE's book. Can I ask you to look up 2 names for
me please if possible?

First, PATERSON - Walter (an ag lab) and Helen came out on the "Resource"
arriving 23 Jan 1839 with 3 small children from Keith, Banffshire (2 more
born in SA and have all children's names & dates). But did any of Walter's
brothers come out? Names are possibly James b1807, John b1809, William
b1813 or Thomas b1818. Or even anyone else from Keith?

Second, LEES - Robert (a skinner) and Elizabeth arrived on 6 Dec 1837 on the
"Navarino" from Glasgow. Name on arrival changed to LEE. Children then
born and christened at Holy Trinity in next few years (have names and
dates). Any more info?

Tks a lot, Miriam in Queensland