AUS-SAGEN-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-SAGEN > 2010-11 > 1289700994

From: "Geoff Carse" <>
Subject: [AUS-SAGEN] Samuel Halworth Clark of Angaston,Licenced Surveyor b c1850 d1885(Sydney)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:16:34 +1000

This clark is my gg grandfather Joseph's youngest brother. Their parents were Joseph Clark (1804-1883) and Mary Ann Richardson (c1811-1850)

He went brankup in 1877, I suspect due to land dealings. The next I have on him is his untimely death in Sydney on
13 Jan 1885. He was buried the next day so it would appear to be from an illness.

Samuel married Mary Annie Brendon Parsons 6 Oct 1871 in Adelaide, South Australia
They had 6 children
Brendun Clark (b.27 May 1872-Angaston,South Australia)

Charles Stanley Clark (b.24 Jan 1875-Angaston,South Australia)

Lewis Langdon Clark (b.9 Jun 1876-Angaston,South Australia;d.1960-Sydney,NSW)

sp: Frances (Fanny) Lanham (m.1955, NSW [they had lived together since before 1930])

Denzel (Denzil, Denziel) John Holt Ibbetson Clark

(b.31 May 1878-NA,South Australia;d.1 Feb 1951-Eventide,S,Queensland)

female Clark (b.Est 1883)

baby Clark (b.Est 1885)

I cant find any trace of his wife Mary, or sons Brendun and Charles and I do not know the identity of the two youngest children.

The following prominant clarks are decended from the same SA immigrant family of Joseph & Mary Ann Clark

John Allworth Clark ( 1846-1932) Lord Mayor of Brisbane and alderman of the Petersham Municipal Council, Sydney

Herbert Ricahardson Clark (1863-1947) District Coroner, Sydney (m Elizabeth [Lizzie] Curnow)

William Howard Clark (1865-1941) of Wingadee station in North Western NSW (died in Sydney)

Alfred Warren Clark (1861-1948) of South Yarra, a senior member of the Stock Exchange of Melbourne (m Blanch Baird 1898)

Would like to hear from anyone who is connected to or knows about this family.

I have a family photo album back to 1850 that may contain photos of your ancestors likewise you may have information/photos that I am missing.

Geoff Carse

Queensland. Australia

This thread: