AUS-Tasmania-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-Tasmania > 2005-12 > 1134462279

From: "Chris Beasley" <>
Subject: Re: [AUS-Tas] Legal name change
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:24:56 +1100

Hi Ray and others interested
I am facing something in regard to this dilemma at the moment with one of my
great ggrandmothers having had 3 illegitimate children by one party and
another 8 by her next partner The first three having adopted the succeeding
partners surname and also having in at least two of the cases a change in
forename as well
The three of them lived and died with the adopted names and from what I can
gather were happy to do so,
the connection to the biological father completely and utterly severed
If these offspring were happy enough to adopt another mans name ,then so am
Sometime in the future I may go back and chase up that biological connection
but for me, at the moment ,the other family holds far more interest
There is no compulsion on us as researchers to follow any particular line
and in my case I seem to follow the path of least resistance until something
beckons me back to the trail I started from and when you're looking for the
family connections of 16 gggrandparents things can get pretty messy my
advice would be to chill out and go with the flow
If anyone has an issue with the way you've approached your data entry, let
them sort it out
cheers Chris in Tremont