AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: Lorraine Phelan <>
Subject: Re: Irish families in Geelong
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 11:45:39 +1100

At 07:09 4/02/00 -0500, MYRON CHANDLER wrote:
>Lorraine,
>
>I am researching the COUNTY and McCarthy line of our family tree. James
>County married Catherine McCarthy and they lived in Chilwell. Do you have
>any information on either? I am interested in getting their birthplaces,
>parents name or anything else you might have.

Hi Lindie
James COUNTY was born in Tipperary, IRL c1837 and died Geelong 29 Apr 1911.
He is buried in East Geelong. His parents were Michael COUNTY and Anstice
MANTON. His wife Catherine McCARTHY was born c1837 and was buried at East
Geelong 6 Apr 1995.Her father was James McCARTHY and her mother Mary RYAN.
I have names and the dates of birth of ten children which I can send if you
don't have them.
If you find what ship/s James and Catherine arrived on, or Catherine's
birthplace I would appreciate it for the file
Regards
Lorraine

This thread: