AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: Cave Design <>
Subject: Re: [GEELONG] ODGERS
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:00:02 -0800

on 18/12/00 11:26 PM, Susie Zada at wrote:

> Hi Charmaine,
>
> I'd be surprised if they weren't available at the major libraries in WA,
> alternatively you'd be able to get them through your nearest LDS library.
>
> I'm not sure of the film number but they are part of the NSW, not the VIC
> films "Assisted Immigrants arriving Port Phillip, 1839-1851". The reference
> from the printed index gives a "shelf and page number" which would now be a
> film and page number. The Sir George Seymour arrived 14th May 1849 and the
> page numbers = 259-270.
>
> Hope that helps ....... Susie Z

Susie,

Thanks once again for your help. I found the following site on the internet

carmen.murdoch.edu.au/community/dps/shipping/mig-vic.htm

which gave me the following information:

VESSEL DAY MTH YEAR ARRIVED DEPARTED SRC FILM

SIR GEORGE SEYMOUR 14 05 1849 Port Phillip - AL 2144

The site details of shipping to not only Victoria, but all other states as
well.

Regards,

Charmaine

This thread: