AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: "Heather" <>
Subject: RE: [GEELONG] de Garis and the Credit Crusade
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:41:09 +1000

I'm happy to help although I don't have any articles, just lots of bits. I
know Elisha de Garis died in Geelong from the death indexes. A website on
Sandringham told me he was buried at Brighton. His headstone told the one
piece of information I really needed - that his first wife was buried in
Guernsey (before that I had no idea what happened to her) - the entry for
Elisha de Garis in Cyclopedia of Victoria confirms that his first wife was
the daughter of John Buncle.

I can photocopy and send anything I have.

BTW the Cyclopedia of Victoria entry for Elisha de Garis also has his
address as Sarnia in Mildura - named after his birthplace. If you recall
that was also the name of the home in LA Trobe Terrace.

Heather McKay