AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

Subject: Re: [GEELONG] Assisted Immigrants
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:09:58 +1000

hi ada, you are quite right. i was told he was on an 'exile ship'. sorry,
first of all my name is robyndehood, or robyn shaw. i can't believe it did
not sign my email sorry.....he learned mat making in pentonville prison. he
was charged with stealing as a servant. he was sent to geelong. mary met
him later and they married. this all seems to fit in with your man. thank
you so much for that. i guess i can get a film with this on??. what i
really want to know, if possible, is his parents. any idea of his age at
all. could we say 20ish. if he was a soldier, and porter and convicted in
1846, he must have been at least 20ish. i very much appreciate your advice
and assistance. robyndehood.