AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: "Shirley Mesman" <>
Subject: Re: [GEELONG] Price in Birregurra
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:33:34 +1000

Price family members listed in the Colac and District Pioneer Register:
Pre 1900, are

David PRICE
Local address: Birregurra.
Arrived in area 1856 from Breconshire, England.
Born 4 Jan. 1833 Breconshire, Eng.
Arrived Port Melbourne, 21 Jan. 1856 aboard Ocean Cheif (Cheif spelt that
way in book).
Father: William Price. Mother: Ann Williams.
Occupation: Farmer.
Died: 23 Oct. 1916 at Winchelsea.
Buried at Warncoort.
Married: 28 Nov. 1857 at Irrewarra.

SPOUSE:
Sarah Ann WILLIAMSON.
Arrived in area 29 July 1847 from Hobart Town.
Born 26 June 1841 in Hobart Town.
Arrived Geelong 29 July 1847 aboard Shamrock.
f. Joseph Williamson. m. Isabella Dixon.
Died 19 Oct. 1921 at Birregurra. Buried at Warncoort.

Children:
Joseph Price.
John Price.
James Price.
Thomas Price.
Sarah Ann Price.
David Harold Price.
Mary Price.
Edward Price.
Agnes Price.
William Henry Price.
Rosetta Price.
Alice Price.
Lillian Price.
Isabella Price and
Margaret Price.
(All born at Warncoort, but no dates given).

Henry Mark PRICE.
Arrived in Birregurra area 1859.
b. 1814 Woodbridge, Suffolk, England. Arr. Vic. 1845.
f. Samuel Price. m. Sarah Bryant.
d. 2 July 1875 Birregurra. Buried Warncoort.
m. 1848 Geelong.

SPOUSE:
Georgina Jane DOIGHN
b. 1819 Manchester, England.
Arr. Vic. 1847. f. George Doighn.
d. 6 Nov. 1893 Birregurra. Buried Warncoort.
6 children - Sarah H., Eliza J., George, John, Henry & William E. Price.
All born at Geelong. (more details of Georgina and children available).

William PRICE.
Local address: Gerangamete (not far from Birregurra).
b. 1827 Breconshire, Wales. Arrived 1849.
f. William Price. m. Ann Williams.
Died. 3 Apr. 1911 Gerangamete. Buried at Warncoort.
Married 1853 Geelong. Other Marriage - Annetta Robertson.

SPOUSE:
Ann Davis.
Children - John, Mary A., Jacob, William, Charles, Elizabeth, Susan, David
& Emma Price. (birth dates & some birth places of children available).

William PRICE
Arrived in area 1856 from Breconshire, Wales, aboard Ocean Chief.
b. 1803 Breconshire, Wales.
f. John Price. m. Elizabeth ?.
Died 21 Apr. 1872 Gerangamete. Buried at Warncoort.
Married 1827 Wales.

SPOUSE:
Ann Williams.
Arrived in area 1856 from Breconshire, Wales. b. 1802 Wales.
Arr. Melb. 21 Jan. 1856 aboard Ocean Chief.
f. John Williams. m. Mary ?.
Died 12 Dec. 1859 Birregurra. Buried Warncoort.
Children - John, William, Gwynneth, David, Elixabeth, James, Llewellyn,
Isaac, Jacob, Walter and Morgan PRICE. (All children born in Wales).

Also last weekend I got a book printed by the Birregurra Historical Centre
at the Birregurra Festival. It is called Birregurra Primary School No.
723 - Staff & Pupils 1863 - 1989. It lists the following PRICE family
members and what years they attended the school. There are some class
photos, but not any that relate to the Price family years.

Beatrice Olive 1917
Ellen Martha 1915 - 19.
Georgina 1901.
Henry 1864 - 68
Ivy 1911 - 19
Jacob 1869 - 70.
John 1869 - 70.
John 1903.
Mary 1864 - 68.
Mary Ann 1869.
Mona 1906 - 1914
Myrtle 1917
Queenie 1910 - 18.
Stanley 1913 - 19.
William 1864 - 72.

If anyone is interested in any of the Price family members, there are some
further details on some of them in the books I have listed. If you would
like to contact me off list, I will see what info extra I can give you.

Regards,
Shirley.