AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: "Susie Zada" <>
Subject: Geelong Record Series
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:30:34 +1100

Hi Folks,

From time to time I'll post some more detailed information on the contents
of different Geelong Record Series items that I come across at the Geelong
Heritage Centre that might help with people's research.

More information on the Heritage Centre can be found at ...

http://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/Services_In_Geelong/Archives/

They are currently doing a lot of work on expanded cataloguing of the
Geelong Record Series but that's a long term project. The current catalogue
can be downloaded at ...

http://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/Services_In_Geelong/Archives/Search_the_C
ollections/

or if that link breaks across lines and doesn't work, try ...

http://tinyurl.com/472pn

The items listed in this catalogue are the "Series Title" and often don't
reveal the detailed items in each Series. These are similar to VPRS numbers
at the PROV. To find more detail on what each Series contains, you need to
visit the Heritage Centre and look at the Accession Consignment List for
each Record Series Number.

Please DO NOT ask for look-ups!!!! These messages are purely to let you
know a bit more of the detail behind the Record Series. If you are unable
to visit the Heritage Centre, you need to send a Research Request - either
to the Heritage Centre (details on their home page - see above) or through
the Geelong Family History Group. Details of Research Centres in the region

http://www.zades.com.au/geelong/gdresc.htm

See "GRS" postings to the Mailing List for more details from time to time.

Regards .......... Susie Z

This thread: