AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: "Susie Zada" <>
Subject: Re: [GEELONG] Occupations Tamper? and Glover
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:24:08 +1000

Hi Marion,

A glover in the 19th century was literally a dealer or maker of gloves.

Was the word "tamper" also on a certificate and difficult to read? If so,
can you scan it or send a copy off-list and I'll have a look to see if I can
make sense of it. Alternatively if you have a web site that you can load it
up for others to see as well they might be able to make suggestions.

These sites are quite helpful with suggestions for old occupations and their
meanings ...

http://www.rootsweb.com/~billingh/occupation.htm

http://rmhh.co.uk/occup/index.html

Regards .......... Susie Z