AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: Richard Baraniak <>
Subject: [GEELONG] ROSE,MARGARET and HARRY SEELEY as well as ELIJAH and JANE SEELEY
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 00:38:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers
On behalf of a really nice 89 year old gentleman, I would like to find out some information concerning his mother's ancestors. His mother's maiden name was ROSE SEELEY and he said that her people come from Geelong.

Here is what I have discovered thus far:
Rose married a gentleman named Rashleigh Cleary on 18 October 1915 and they had a son Harold Cleary (the person I refer to above) who was born 14 September 1919. Rose died two weeks later on 29 September 1919 and Harold was then placed in the care of his paternal aunt.

From the Rookwood CD I have discovered that Rose is buried with her mother MARGARET SEELEY who died 28 July 1924.

From NSW BMD records I have discovered that Margaret Laurence married HARRY SEELEY in Granville, NSW some time in 1886.

There is a Harry Seeley who died in Marrickville (a Sydney suburb) in 1912 and his parents are recorded as ELIJAH and JANE SEELEY.

Do anyone have a Harry Seeley or Elijah + Jane Seeley showing in their records?

Any help/information concerning HARRY SEELEY, ELIJAH and JANE SEELEY that you can offer is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Richard

www.yahoo7.com.au/mail

This thread: