AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L Archives

From: "Pam & Trevor Jennings" <>
Subject: [GEELONG] Vale Ev Madden
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:47:29 +1100

It is with deep regret that I report the passing of Ev Madden. Ev has battled every disease know to man for the past few years and I often told her that medical science would name something after her when they ran out of catergories for her!
Ev was a Life Member of the Geelong Family History Group - a willing member who was always on hand to do those little jobs...walking cemeteries transcibing headstones, indexing material at the Geelong Heritage Centre, doing library duty and of course as one of our Research Officers. Long before the internet was even invented, Ev was in contact with many across the world who became close freinds long after their ressearch projects were over. Ev always had a wonderful Geelong history story to tell and willingly shared her vast knowledge with everyone.

Ev of course was one of the Cats biggest barrackers who followed them through thick and thin.

She has been a great friend who will be sadly missed - our special thoughts to her family.

Pam Jennings

This thread: