AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT-L ArchivesArchiver > AUS-VIC-GEELONG-DISTRICT > 2010-06 > 1276738457
From: John Stewart <>
Subject: Re: [GEELONG] John McPHERSON: Waurn Ponds/Duneed/Moriac
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:34:17 +1000
Just a reminder that the Duneed cemetery was re-named to Mt Moriac
cemetery in 1865, following the opening of the MOUNT Duneed cemetery in
1864. For some time afterwards, at least some people buried in the Mt
Moriac cemetery were recorded as being buried in the Duneed cemetery.
To be born in Duneed usually meant the Parish of Duneed.
And just to complicate matters further, the settlement of Mt Moriac was,
apparently, initially called Duneed.
|Re: [GEELONG] John McPHERSON: Waurn Ponds/Duneed/Moriac by John Stewart <>|