From: Marion Stainsby <>
Subject: Re: [GEELONG] John McPHERSON: Waurn Ponds/Duneed/Moriac
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:43:28 +1000

On 20/06/2010, at 4:30 PM, Stan & Linda Edwards wrote:

> Yes you would think there may be a newspaper report but nothing
> showed up on
> the argus online when I tried,but I think theres a lot of papers to go
> through transcribing yet.

I'm glad you've tried the Argus, Linda - that was a likely spot. Pam
is looking up the Geelong Advertiser. I suspect that Stewart wrote his
note back in the 1970s when there may have been some local memory of
the event still surviving - someone who vaguely remembered the story
without having details. After all, it looks as if the child's sisters
lived until the 1920s. but there's a bigger time gap now.

Best wishes

This thread: