AUS-VIC-NE-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-VIC-NE > 2004-04 > 1083361908

Subject: Re: [AVNE] Yackandandah cemetery records

Hi Lisa,

I believe the Wodonga Family History Society has records of Yack cemetery
from 1859 to 1974:
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~surreal/AVNE/fhg-hs.html#wodonga

The contact on the webpage is for Wendy Cooksey, she's a nice lady and
should be able to help.

I've been meaning to join the Wodonga society for some months now, other
commitments have got in the way. But I'm determined to do it this month
(next meeting is in a couple of weeks) so I could look up the records for
you then if you like.

Also, I live in Wodonga and Yackandandah is a half-hour drive away, I'd be
happy to visit and take some photos for you with my digital camera.

Let me know if I can help.

Kind regards,
Andrew McPhee
http://mixedbunch.com/

At 12:24 PM 30/04/2004 +0100, Lisa Laird wrote:
>My great-great grandfather Daniel Kirby was buried at
>the Yackandandah cemetery in November 1899. I am
>trying to discover the best way to find a record of
>where in the cemetery his grave is located and whether
>there is a marker, in order to decide whether to drive
>up to there to take a photo. I wrote to the cemetery
>trust at the start of the year but received no reply
>so I would welcome anyone's ideas on this one? With thanks!

This thread: