AUS-VIC-WESTERN-DISTRICT-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-VIC-WESTERN-DISTRICT > 2005-11 > 1131432889

From: "Beryl O'Gorman" <>
Subject: Re: [AUS-VIC-West] Newsletter (Merino Progress Association)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:57:36 +1100

Thanks Daryl.

What a flood of memories that brought back. I remember Mum and Dad heading
off to Merino for that event, though my grandfather Paul WILSON had his own
generator at the butcher's shop for many years previously. There was
probably a page of photographs in the Weekly Times too, as they tended to
cover all the "Switching on" balls in their social pages. Going by the
Newsletter ye old town is kicking on again after some very quiet years.

Thanks for the family tree for the KOHNs and the BRYCEs too. I didn't have
all that information. They connect into my tree through my aunt Jean KOHN,
who is now the last of that generation in my family still living. She
married my uncle Reg WILSON. She is 95.

Best regards
Beryl

Beryl O'Gorman