AUS-VIC-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-VIC > 2006-11 > 1164829315

From: "Faye & Kai" <>
Subject: [AUS-VIC] Missing 1863 Marriage
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:41:55 +0100

Hi List

According to my great grandfather's 1867 birth certificate, in the column
when and where married it has 1863 St Francis' Cathedral Melbourne. I wanted
to buy the certificate on the weekend and I couldn't find any marriage from
1850 to 1870 listed for Francis FEGAN and Mary Ann HOMER, under various
spelling variations.

Does anyone know how one can access the St Francis Cathedral church records
for 1863? I would have thought 10 years after Civil Registration began that
a church marriage would have been registered.

Regards
Faye

This thread: