AVERY-L Archives

Archiver > AVERY > 2005-04 > 1114548564

Subject: Re: [AVERY] Sarah (STANTON) DENNISON 1689
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:49:24 -0700

I believe that I have the answer to your questions. I spent quite a bit of
time working over this problem two or three years ago when preparing a DAR
supplemental for John AVERY who married Mehitable BUELL. [acceptance still
pending as it was one of the myriad supplementals that were rushed in @ $25
before the price went up to $75 each--and all the non-supplementals outrank
the supplementals].

It will take me a little time to dig out and assemble the information and
documentation. Working it out was very interesting as "Sarah" had some
children born to both John and Benjamin the same date, same name--except
she was living 20 miles distant ("21" children in all--11 John's and 10
Benjamin's. Quite a feat!] She was married to John in 1705 according to
Groton VR. John didn't die until 1762. Found no marriage record between
Benjamin AVERY and Sarah STANTON.

I have a copy of the inventory of the estate of John AVERY and perhaps other
records.

Margaret Swanson
Lompoc, CA