AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2000-10 > 0971060012

From: <>
Subject: Fenwick Cemetery
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:53:32 EDT

I have succeeded in finding out that my ggggrandmother Agnes Dunlop (nee
Paton) died in 1857, and I have her death certificate on order. Here is my
problem. Her husband, John Dunlop appears to have outlived her. However,
looking at Scots Origins, there were 2 John Dunlops that died in Fenwick, one
in 1863 and one in 1864. I'm sure one of these is mine, but which one?
Unfortunately, the ages weren't listed in the index for those years, unlike
Agnes's was in 1857, which might have helped. Do I have any option other than
hiring someone to go and look for a headstone at the Fenwick cemetery? Or
ordering 2 certificates? Just to be on the safe side, I have ordered the 1861
census to make sure John is indeed there. I'd appreciate your advice.

Jim Bundy

This thread: