AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2004-07 > 1090609071

Subject: Re: Saltcoats Ropeworks
Date: 23 Jul 2004 12:57:51 -0600

Surnames: REID CAMPBELL ROSS FREW LOVE KILPATRICK
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/QeC.2ACE/6105.2

Message Board Post:

Hello Allan,
In regards to your research of the Saltcoats Ropeworks, I do have some information regarding the company, although much earlier than your research of the 1850's. The document (copy of the original) that I have dates to the period of 1759 when John REID of Seabank sells in tack to Hugh BROWN and John CAMPBELL. The land comprised of the Fish House, Ropewalk, Foreman's House and Tarring House and the Scalte House, the Scalte House being a separate tack. I've transcribed the document to Word, it is a interesting peice of history. I will be happy to forward it to you if you feel it would help with the background of the company you are researching.
With regards,
Linda....

This thread: