AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2007-01 > 1170091075

From: Wayne Hannay <>
Subject: [AYR] WIG - BMD'S FROM WFP 24TH NOVEMBER, 1853
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:17:55 -0800

BMD'S FROM WFP 24TH NOVEMBER, 1853

> BIRTHS
>
> TORRANCE, Female - B17/11/1853 - Here, at Agnew Crescent, on the 17th
> instant, the wife of Mr D. Torrance, of a daughter.
> WRIGHT, Male - B19/11/1853 - At Sheuchan Parks, near Stranraer, on the
> 19th inst., the wife of Mr John Wright, farm overseer, of a son.
> CRICHTON, Male - B18/11/1853 - At Fort-William, on the 18th inst., Mrs C.
> Crichton, of a son.
> DALLY, Male - B16/11/1853 - At Wigtown, on the 16th instant, Mrs Thomas
> Dally, of a son.
> M'MASTER, Male - B19/11/1853 - At Wigtown, on the 19th inst., the wife of
> Mr John M'Master, steamboat agent, of a son.
> COLVILLE, Female - B21/11/1853 - At Wigtown, on the 21st instant, the wife
> of Mr Colville, officer of Inland Revenue, of a daughter.
> M'CRACKEN, Male - B14/11/1853 - At Craigenquarroch, parish of Portpatrick,
> on the 14th instant, Mrs M'Cracken, of a son.
> CROSBY, Male - B22/11/1853 - At Newton-Stewart, on the 22d instant, the
> wife of Mr John Crosby, clogger, of a son.
>
> MARRIAGES
>
> M'CLEW, John - M22/11/1853 - At Galdenoch, on the 22d instant, by the Rev.
> Mr Bell, Free Church minister, Lewalt, John M'Clew, Esq., Dinvin,
> Portpatrick, to Hellen, only daughter of the late Capain Martin.
> CAIRNEY, Thomas - M22/11/1853 - Here, at Sun Street, on the 22d instant,
> by the Rev. James Stewart of Sheuchan, Mr Thomas Cairney, to Miss Jane
> Perry.
> DAVIDSON, John - M22/11/1853 - At Sheuchan Parks, on the 22d instant, by
> the Rev. James Stewart, Mr John Davidson, painter, to Miss Margaret
> M'Crea, daughter of Mr Alex. M'Crea.
> DOWNIE, Dennis - M22/11/1853 - At Spittal, parish of Portpatrick, on the
> 22d instant, by the Rev. Mr Urquhart, Mr Dennis Downie, to Agnes, daughter
> of Mr Robert M'Queen, Enoch.
> M'DOWALL, John - M21/11/1853 - At Stewarton Village, on the 21st instant,
> by the Rev. Robert Hyslop, Mr Johh M'Dowall, farmer in Drummy, to Mary,
> third daughter of Mr William M'Fadden, farmer, Airies, parish of Kirkcolm.
> M'EWEN, Samuel - M22/11/1853 - At Valleyfield, parish of Kirkcolm, on the
> 22d instant, by the Rev. Mr Hyslop, Mr Samuel M'Ewen, to Jane, eldest
> daughter of Mr Robert Nesbitt.
> DEMPSTER, John - M15/11/1853 - At Ardwell, Inn, Stoneykirk, on the 15th
> instant, by the Rev. Mr Campbell, Mr John Dempster, to Miss Rankine.
> M'NAUGHTON, Mr - M21/11/1853 - At Grennan, Old Luce, on the 21st instant,
> by the Rev. Mr M'Dowall, Mr M'Naughton, teacher, Kirkcowan, to Miss Love.
> KERR, Joseph - M21/11/1853 - At Glenluce, on the 21st instant, by the Rev.
> Mr M'Dowall, Mr Joseph Kerr, to Miss Elizabeth M'Ewen.
>
> DEATHS
>
> MALCOLM/KELLY, Agnes - D19/11/1853 - Here, at South Strand Street, on th
> 19th instant, Agnes kelly, wife of Mr John Malcolm, mason.
> FULTON, Peter - D14/11/1853 - At Dumfries, on the 14th instant, Mr Peter
> Fulton, of Newton-Stewart, aged 73 years.
> [...]

[WFP: Wigtownshire Free Press Newspaper published since 1843]

"WIGTOWNSHIRE, a maritime County of S/W Scotland:
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/WIG/

Previously posted WFP Announcements can be found on
THE WIGTOWNSHIRE PAGES at:
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~leighann/wfp/intro.html

The Wigtownshire Pages gladly hosts the transcriptions of the Wigtownshire
Free Press notices; the results of the tireless efforts of Diana Henry and
Randy Chapple.

[Hopefully these transcribed records may help some early family researchers
however I personally can offer no further information]
[Permission to forward without notice is granted]

b = born
m = married
d = died

inst = instant - this month