AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2007-02 > 1170526970

From: Wayne Hannay <>
Subject: [AYR] WIG - BMD'S FROM WFP 29TH DECEMBER, 1853
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 10:22:50 -0800

BMD'S FROM WFP 29TH DECEMBER, 1853

> BIRTHS
>
> FREDERICK, Female - B24/12/1853 - At Freugh Mains, parish of Stoneykirk,
> on the 24th inst., the wife of Andrew Frederick, Esq., of a daughter.
> MORTON, Female - B17/12/1853 - At Girvan, on the 17th instant, Mrs Matthew
> Morton, of a daughter.
>
> MARRIAGES
>
> M'KITTRICK, David - In the WFP M29/12/1853 - At High Kirroughtrie,
> Kirkmaiden, by the Rev. Wm. Williamson, Mr David M'Kittrick, farmer, High
> Kirroughtrie, to Jane, eldest daughter of the late Mr John M'Culloch,
> farmer in High and Low Kirroughtrie.
> HANNAH, William - M12/12/1853 - At Sandmill, parish of Stoneykirk, on the
> 12th inst., Mr William Hannah, to Miss Jane Cochran.
> SMITH, William - M20/1/21853 - At Shaws House, Closeburn, on the 20th
> inst., by the Rev. Andrew Bennet, William Smith, Esq., Barscar, to
> Catherine, daughter of the late Thomas Harkness, Esq., Mitchelslacks.
> BRUSSELLS, Simon - M25/11/1853 - At Auburn (Anburo? Anburn?), State of New
> York, North America, on the 25th ult., Mr Simon Brussells, veterinary
> surgeon, to Elizabeth, third daughter of Mr James M'Caull, Blackcraig
> Mines, Minnigaff.
>
> DEATHS
>
> AGNEW, John - D20/12/1853 - Here, at Sheuchan Street, on the 20th inst.,
> John, son of Mr William Agnew, mariner, aged 8 years.
> KEAN, James - D23/12/1853 - At East Kirkbride, parish of Kirkcolm, on the
> 23d inst., in the 81st year of his age, James Kean, a native of Ireland,
> long a residenter in Kirkcolm.
> LOWTHROP, William - D18/12/1853 - On the 18th inst., at Nice, whither he
> had gone for the recovery of his health, Sir William Lowthrop of Hull and
> Scarbro'.
> HENDRIE, Mrs - D21/12/1853 - At Gateside, parish of Ayr, on the 21st
> instant, Mr William Hendrie, farmer, in his 82d year.

[WFP: Wigtownshire Free Press Newspaper published since 1843]

"WIGTOWNSHIRE, a maritime County of S/W Scotland:
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/WIG/

Previously posted WFP Announcements can be found on
THE WIGTOWNSHIRE PAGES at:
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~leighann/wfp/intro.html

The Wigtownshire Pages gladly hosts the transcriptions of the Wigtownshire
Free Press notices; the results of the tireless efforts of Diana Henry and
Randy Chapple.

[Hopefully these transcribed records may help some early family researchers
however I personally can offer no further information]
[Permission to forward without notice is granted]

b = born
m = married
d = died

inst = instant - this month