AZORES-L Archives

Archiver > AZORES > 2003-05 > 1053492216

From: David Bertao <>
Subject: Re: [AZORES-L] Manuel Ferreira Pires x Rosa Maria - Nove Ribeiras, Terceira, about 1720
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:44:39 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if anyone answered your question or not. The full name is Santa Barbara das Nove Ribeiras. On old records, sometimes only Nove Ribeiras is written. There is another Santa Barbara on Terceira but in a different concelho. So one should be really careful here. Next door is So Jorge das Doze Ribeiras. Some records show it as So Jorge and some as Doze Ribeiras. I know people here in the US who refer to it as "das Doze". Sincerely,David Bertao

"Jorge J.M. Todeschini" <> wrote:I have a couple called Manoel da Fonte and Maria dos Reis with a child called Francisco Pires. it is probably not a match -- I doubt names could become so different from record to record.

However, I have another question: Is there a place on Terceira Island called "Cinco" Ribeiras instead of "Nove"?

Thanks everyone,

Jorge