BADEN-WURTTEMBERG-L Archives

Archiver > BADEN-WURTTEMBERG > 1997-05 > 0862622711

From: Janet E Reinhold< >
Subject: Re: SHARPS IN WESTERN PA
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 17:25:11 PST

(Claude R. Burton) writes:
>I noticed on your msg that you were researching the Sharps' also. do
>you happen to have any info on a John Sharp d. abt 1797 m. Agnes
>McDill had issue: Agnes (Nancy) Sharp m. Joseph Ramsey. They resided
>in western Pa. and Ohio Co. VA. at that time now WV.

I am stuck on my Moses SHARP, born in PA (where?) on 14 Nov 1807. He
married Sarah PERROTT or PARROTT in Allegheny City (now North Side
Pittsburgh PA) in 1829. This area's 1820 census names Edward, James,
and Nehemiah Sharp--could one of them be his father? The 1850 census
shows Moses, age 45, a Miller, born in PA; with wife Sarah b Ireland; children Thomas age 18; Edward age 17 (my line); Richard, age 15; Moses age
12; John age 7 (he was later to be killed at the Battle of Spotsylvania in the Civil War); and James age 5. A Sarah PARRET , age 78 also lived with them, it seems she was Sarah's mother. The 1880 census indicates
Moses was born in PA, his Father was born in PA, and his mother born in
NJ. Edward (Moses' son) bought land in Buffalo, Washington Co PA,
married Rachel BLACKBURN.

Any help appreciated!
Janet Reinhold
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/8878