BADEN-WURTTEMBERG-L Archives

Archiver > BADEN-WURTTEMBERG > 2003-12 > 1072754233

From: shirley hulett <>
Subject: Re: [B-W] Brodbeck/ Schafer
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:17:13 -0800

Hi Steve
I forgot to add that if your Schaefer ancestors were Catholic they would
have worshipped at St Martin's in Liverpool and if Evangelical or
Lutheran prob at Zion Lutheran and also possibly at Immanuel Evangelical
(know known as church of Christ)
Parishioners seemed to switch between the latter two depending on whether
they agreed with the doctorine. I understand that some of the priests at
Zion were rather conservative --ie strict.
I believe Zion was the earlier congregation...It's records are indexed.
Karen Krugman has a copy of the index.. I'm sure she won't mind doing a
few lookups. Her email is
Pete Berger is the historian of United Church if Christ (formerly
Immanuel)
This week he posted an offer to the Medina OH list to do lookups in the
church records . Since my family members attended there for nearly 100
yrs, I responded immediatly!
Shirley in San Diego