BADEN-WURTTEMBERG-L Archives

Archiver > BADEN-WURTTEMBERG > 2008-01 > 1201264788

From: <>
Subject: [BW] DNA testing and genealogical research
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 7:39:48 -0500

I'm glad to hear from someone else who has used DNA testing to complement his genealogical research, particularly when the paper trail ends. The information and resources available to those who choose DNA testing are amazing.

My son, and genealogical partner, had his Mtdna and Y dna tested by Family Tree DNA. His Mtdna results were exactly mine since children receive their Mtdna from their mothers. I was delighted to see my subclade results displayed on a map of Europe with Germany highlighted . Several of our DNA matches were of Schwabian German heritage,so again, I felt confirmation of what we had learned from our paper research.

Using mitosearch and Y DNA databases one can search for living relatives not found through the paper trail and find others as more people elect to have DNA testing and the databases grow.

Using DNA testing has been an exciting addition to our genealogical research efforts.

Regards,
Kathi OTT Williams
Bartenstein,Lauffen am Neckar, Pforzheim (in Baden-Wurttemberg)
Mtdna H1a