BAGGARLY-L Archives

Archiver > BAGGARLY > 1997-11 > 0879301096

From: <>
Subject: Fwd: Baggerly Family
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:18:16 -0500 (EST)

Here is an email I originally sent out on 11/11/97. I am sending it again,
because some of you did not receive it.

In summary, I am suggesting that a line could go like this....

--John Baggarly b. 1700 d. 1770 m. Mary came to US in 1748

--John went to Culpepper b. 1738 d. 1810

--Charles b. 1763 d. 1825 (John would have been 25 years old -- MM you
missed a generation. John had a son named John)

If this is Charles B., he could have had a son, Charles W. in 1793. I know
he had a son, David, in 1795.

Also, Charles, son THE John had the following children:

--John b. 1700 married Mary
--Charles b. 1741
------Issac b. 1771 m. Elizabeth Barracks b. 1786 in Kentucky
Jonathan b. 1802 in Jefferson, KY
David b. 1804 in Jefferson, KY
William b. 1807 in Jefferson, KY
Eliza Ann b. 1811 in Jefferson, KY
Susan Ann b. 1814
Isaac Newton b. 1817
Evan b. 1822
Miriam b. 1829
John b. 1834
-----Samuel b. 1773 in Maryland

Now, it doesn't mean that he couldn't have had Charles in 1763 at age 22
before he had Issac. His wife was Ann who was born abt 1749. She would have
been about 18. But, census only shows one Charles in Virginia.

Culpepper Co bordered Shenandoah Co. in 1787. Therefore, it is easy to
explain by Charles Baggerly appears on the 1787 Personal Property Tax List
for Shenandoah County.

On Friday, I will go back to the library and check and make sure a Charles
doesn't appear in Culpepper County.

I need to research the John from Culpepper some more. Maybe it will lead me
better proof to who his grandson's were that were fathered by Charles.

The David Clark who was Charles's son, is listed on the Bradford bibles that
are found online in the Library of Virginia's archives.

This is all I can confuse you for now......
--Barbara