BAIRD-L Archives

Archiver > BAIRD > 1999-03 > 0922221098

From: "Susan Ozawa" <>
Subject: Re: John M baird and Euphrasia Humphrey
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 12:31:38 -0800

Do you know where in New York your John Baird was born? My Bairds
moved into New York in the late 1700 to early 1800 from Blandford, MA.
At least three brothers, Ezra, b. 1764, Absalom, b 1765-1774 and Luke,
b 1772, the sons of John Baird and Agnes Brown, moved to Schoharie
Co., NY. Ezra is buried in Harpersfield, NY. Absalom and Luke moved
on to Berkshire, Tioga Co. and then to Newark Valley, Tioga Co., NY.
Luke married Catherine Powers and is buried in Newark Valley. I am
descended from Absalom, but I lose him about after about 1820. I have
been able to find only one child, born to Absalom and Nelly Powers,
William B. Baird, who is in Newark Valley as late as 1830. William
Baird married Cynthia Robbins and had at least one child, Jane Cynthia
Baird, my gg grandmother, born 17 Aug 1828. Cynthia died 17 July 1831.
I don't know if they had any other children. I know it may be a long
shot, but I'm wondering if there may be some connection with your John
Baird.

Sue Ozawa

This thread: