BAIRD-L Archives

Archiver > BAIRD > 1999-03 > 0922482003

From: <>
Subject: Baird/Beard Lines Coincidences???
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:00:03 EST

Mary Bowlin -
>From your answers, your husband and I must be distant relatives. Listed are
my ancestors from JOSEPH BAIRD on down. A lot of my information came from
Arlie Lay who had done a lot of research in that part of Tennessee.

When you mentioned FRANCES MARION BOWLIN, it nearly cracked me up. I had an
uncle, FRANCIS (FRANK) MARION BAIRD - b. in Indian Territory. OK so its not
the same. However, how can we have so many coincidences? L. F. Beard

Generation #1
1.JOSEPH BAIRD, b. bef. 1775, possibly of North Carolina, d. bef. 1800,
either TN. or KY. He marr HANNAH LAY, 27 Nov 1794 in Wilkes Co., NC. HANNAH
b. 1774/1775 in VA. and d. after 1860 in Whitley Co., KY.
Children of JOSEPH BAIRD and HANNAH LAY were:
i.LEWIS MILLARD BAIRD
ii.* Rev. WILLIAM ANDREW BAIRD
iii.JOSEPH BAIRD, Jr.

Notes: JOSEPH - Bond for marr 27 Nov 1794. Was his fa. WILLIAM, b. Sept
1713, d. 23 Sept 1792 - was his mo. TABITHA??
HANNAH marr. second JESSE LAY, cousin, moved back to TN/KY Line.

Generation #2
2. Rev. WILLIAM ANDREW BAIRD, b. 1 Feb 1797, Jonesborough, TN, d. 23 July
1869, Elk Valley, Scott/Campbell Co., TN. Marr TASEY (RUBY?) RUSTIN 11
June 1818 in TN/KY.
Children of Rev. WILLIAM ANDREW BAIRD and TASEY RUSTIN were:
i.A. C. ELIZABETH BAIRD
ii.JOSEPH BAIRD
iii.LEWIS BAIRD
iv.* DAVID (BEARD) BAIRD
v.HANNAH BAIRD
vi.JOHN LEWIS BAIRD
vii.ANDREW BAIRD
viii.RACHEL BAIRD
ix.TASEY (TACIA) BAIRD
Notes: Rev. WILLIAM ANDREW BAIRD was a Baptist Preacher, ordained June,
1841. (Info from his family bible, name often spelled BEARD on records and
also BEAIRD). He organized the Elk Valley, TN church. (source: Hist. Of KY
Baptist, Vol. 2, 976.9) He joined the Clear Fork Church, Whitley County, KY
in June 1824. Listed on Campbell County, TN Tax List, 1824.
TASEY RUSTIN was of French descent and was a seamstress.

Generation #3
4.DAVID (BEARD) BAIRD, b. 9 May 1827, Campbell Co. TN, d. 5 Oct 1900,
Whitley Co., KY. Marr MARTHA JANE ADKINS 2 Jan 1845, Campbell Co., TN
Children of DAVID BAIRD and MARTHA JANE ADKINS were:
iTHOMAS BAIRD
iiHANNAH BAIRD
iiiWILLIAM BAIRD
iv* JOHN LEWIS BAIRD
vSUSANAH BAIRD
viSOPHRONIA (FRONIA) BAIRD
viiFRANKLIN BAIRD
viiiBENJAMIN BAIRD
Notes: DAVID (BEARD) BAIRD was marr. once as BEARD and once as BAIRD. His
eyes were blue, he signed as BEAIRD and was a farmer. He was a Private (1st)
Co. H., 42 Reg’t Tennessee Infantry CSA. He was marr by Justice of Peace
MATHEW DOUGLASS, could this be his bro-in-law? Husband of HANNAH? Other
marr. 19 Aug 1880 MARY ANNA RAY.

4.JOHN LEWIS BEAIRD, b. abt. l20 Jun 1852, Campbell Co., TN, d. 31 January
1915, Preston Bend, TX near Fink (Phink?) TX, bur. 1 Feb 1915 Preston
Cemetery, Preston Bend, Grayson Co., TX. Marr. ELIZABETH CAMPBELL 30 Oct
1873, Jellico Juntion, TN, dau. of JOSEPH CAMPBELL and ELIZA (LYZA) PERKINS
Children of JOHN LEWIS and ELIZABETH were:
I.FLORINDA BEAIRD
ii.ELCANA C (CANEY) BEAIRD
iii.WILLIAM J. BEAIRD
iv.GEORGE WASHINGTON BEARD b. 23 Oct 1879, d. Apr 1956
v.JOHN L. BEAIRD
vi.ETHEL BEAIRD
vii.* LEDFORD ARCHIE BEARD (my dad) b. 4 Oct 1890, Jellico Junction, TN.
d. 21 Jan 1973
viii.FRANCIS (FRANK) MARION BAIRD b. 8 Feb 1893, d. Philadelphia. PA
ixMYRTLE MAY BEAIRD
x.EDNA JEWEL BEAIRD

This thread: