BAKER_BOLIN-L Archives

Archiver > BAKER_BOLIN > 1998-05 > 0896539250

From: "Jess Wilson" <>
Subject: [BAKER_BOLIN-L] Rev Andrew Baker
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 10:40:50 -0400

To Larry and Kaye: The late Dennie Campbell of here, Manchester, Clay
County, Kentucky, once told me that he had located the grave of The Rev.
Andrew Baker in Tennessee, I presume near Jonesboro. He said that he spent
several hours cutting away the brambles and briars. He and I intended to go
back and he would show me the grave. We never did. This once again reminds
me of the old saying, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." How
true. Now Cousin Dennie is dead.

I will call Cousin Stanley Dezarn and see if he remembers any details he
heard from Dennie about this matter.

Not to give you a sales pitch, let me say that my books have several
stories about the descendants of Rev. Andrew' brother"s that settled here
and those that went on to Morgan county, Indiana about 1826. If you are
interested I can send you a list.

We are having the 10th Boston Baker Birthday Party here on our farm,
Saturday, June 28th. If Interested, e-mail me for details and a
reservation.

Jess Wilson, Posssum Trot Road, Manchester, Ky 40962
Telephone no. 606 354 5867.

This thread: