BALL-L Archives

Archiver > BALL > 1999-06 > 0929529816

From: "Kay Clark" <>
Subject: [BALL-L] Henry Lidgbird BALL
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:43:36 +1000

Hello to all those fellow-Ball researchers.

Hoping to find more about the family of Henry Lidgbird Ball who was the
Commander of 'Supply' which sailed in the First Fleet in 1787.

The only known child born to Henry was a daughter, Ann Maria Ball, born 1789
Port Jackson, NSW, Australia.

I am led to believe Henry was from a sea-faring family. My g/g/grandfather,
William Ball is possibly connected to Henry or his family.

William Ball married Mary Phelan in Melbourne in 1841 and they subsequently
moved to the Port Fairy, Victoria, Australia, area where they produced four
Ball children. William is supposed to have died/disappeared around 1848.
No trace of his death has been found. The marriage certificate shows no
clues as to William's place or date of birth or parents.

Hoping there is someone out there who might just have information which will
solve this mystery.

Happy Hunting
Kay Clark - living on the shores of Botany Bay, NSW, Australia
- forever rellie searching :
BALL; FORSYTH; GILMOUR; HARBUTT; MANNING; PHELAN; RYALS; TWIST

E-mail:

This thread: