BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-04 > 1113961964

From: "Dave Dreyer" <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] Federmann/Dautermann
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:52:44 -0700

Eve;
I am a bit confused by your two entries;
Standort/Library Berlin-----what library in Berlin?
For your item b.your entry reads Standort/Library Berlin, Ifa.
But the library of the Ifa(Institut fuer Auslandsbezeihungen) is in
Stuttgart.
But this aside it is likely that these two works are in the Ifa library.
Unfortunately their online catalogue is incomplete so it is not possible to
verify their holdings from their website. This library can be very helpful
and will send out items on interlibrary loan to the US.
It may be possible to find a copy of item b for sale but item a will be
certainly difficult. In view of this it is probably most practical to try
and get copies through interlibrary loan and simply go into your local copy
ship and copy the complete book.
You can contact the Ifa library at;
http://www.ifa.de/b/ebindex.htm
and verify that they have these items in their collection----or for that
matter any other related items.
Armed with this information you can then go to the reference desk of your
local library and ask them to get these books for you. If your reference
people are like my local interlibrary loan librarian she often finds the
desired items closer to home. However your material is so specialized that
the Ifa library may be your best bet.
Another possible route may be to check the ZVAB website to see if your items
are available there
http://www.zvab.com/SESSz145961499811113961410/gr2/en/index.html
There are some Tscherwenka items of special genealogical interest in the
holdings of the AKdFF archives in Sindelfingen but you would have to go
their to view them. It is possible that, for a fee, they would copy them
and send the copies to you. See the AKdFF Handbook for a discription of
these items.
Dave Dreyer