BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1122909820

From: "Richard & Deborah Owens" <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] AKdFF membership
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:23:40 -0400

Dear Scott and Dave,
I have enjoyed this discussion very much. My son is studying German and I'm
going to start my daughter in it too (we homeschool) so I was wondering if
you, Dave, can give us the address for signing up to the German Banat List .
Dave, you mentioned that the North American Listers are more chatty than our
German cousins. Do the folks there avoid it because it is annoying or is
it unmannerly in Europe? I would love to connect with family in Europe. I
think we in the US and Canada feel like a big family , at least I do. I am
related to a number of folks on the List and I enjoy seeing everyone's
thoughts and what they have found. Pbear, in another message on this topic,
said that his folks avoided discussing the Banat. I found this to be the
case in my family. Based on names and cities, I believe that a fair number
of my relatives died in the camps during the ethnic cleansing after WWII.
I am sure that my people did not mention this because it was just so
painful.

Best Regards,
Deborah