BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1122934485

From: john busch <>
Subject: Rosenzweig
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:14:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Cousin Kathy
Kathy, I am working on my maternal side of the family and find that I have a Rosenzweig ancestor on that side other than my Zichydorf relations.
She is

Elisabetha Rosenzweig, daughter of Andreas Rosenzweig and Margaretha Nies and wife of Mathias Gille, Son of Joseph Gill and Margaretha Haubrich.

Elisabeth was born May 25, 1818 in Stefansfeld, Banat, and died April 10, 1880 in Johannisfeld, Banat.

Mathias Gill/Gille was born Nov.25, 1814-Johannisfeld, and died Feb. 15, 1875 in Johannisfeld.

The family Rosenzweig settled in Stefansfeld and came from Schussefeld. The immigrant was Sebastian Rosenzseig born 1716 in Schusselfeld and died in grabatz, Banat. The grandson, Andreas Rosenzweig(Father of Elisabeth)came to Stefansfeld at a later date. (Researcher: Awender)I'm not good at reading German but I believe I got the essense of this paragraph.

I hope this helps you a little. I know your having trouble finding this surname and I told you I would help you if I came across any of them. Unfortunately, these are the only ones in the KB.
I'll find more!!

Greenie

This thread: