BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1123028746

From: "Fran Matkovich" <>
Subject: Deutsch Zerne Research
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:25:46 -0500

For those researching ancestors from the town of Deutsch Zerne in the Banat!

Link to the following site:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~deutschzerne/
You will find the Deutsch Zerne Legacy Exchange at the bottom of the page, where you can register to share research information with other members.

There is Hans Tabar's Heimatbuch in English, and now German. If you are searching for specific ancestors in Hans Tabar's Heimatbuch, go to the Table of Contents and click on Addendum. You will get an index from which to select the first letter of your ancestor's surname. This will give you the page numbers where you will find references to that name.

Nikolaus Kampf's research, in English, and now German, describes the migration of the Kampf family and other members of Pastor Plenkner's parish from southwestern Germany to Hatzfeld in the Banat. The preface to the translation of Nikolaus Kampf's research lists all the surnames referenced in the document.

There are also town photos and family photos donated by members, records information, links to other sites, etc.

Keep checking the site. Our Web Designer Mara Henderson is preparing a database for us to share FHL records information, and it will be in service soon.

Drop us an email from our site and let us know how we're doing, or give us suggestions, or new materials.

Fran Matkovich, Web Administrator
Mara Henderson, Web Designer

This thread: