BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1123472841

From: "P. Subity" <>
Subject: A question of accuracy
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 23:47:21 -0400

I have been going over all my notes and my family tree and have a question.

When putting down places of birth what do I use? Most of my relatives
come from Setschan. Do I say Hungary? Yugoslavia? I would use BANAT,
but my family has no idea what that is..

I have documents that spell it different ways, differant countries.
My grandparents came "officially" from Yugoslavia. My family would
totally be confused by my calling anything but, yet if I want to pass
the information on to others, it may not be accurate.

What is the correct way for me to do this?

Paula Subity

This thread: