BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1123709281

From: Karen Preston <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] Stader Lookup Request
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:28:01 -0700

Dear Stefan,

I checked Volume I of Stader's "Sammelwerk donauschwaebischer Kolonisten",
which covers surnames from A-D. There are about 40 entries for DOERNER or
DORNER, but since most colonists arrived in the 1700's, they were all born
about 100 years earlier than your ancestors. If you know which village they
went to, I will be happy to check the DOERNER entries to see if that village
is mentioned in the listings.

The last volume of the "Sammelwerk" series is currently P-Sch, so I am
unable to help with the WICHMANN ancestors.

I am sorry I can't be of more help. Best of luck with your research!

With best regards,

--Karen

On 8/10/05 12:24 PM, "Stefan Waldau" <> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> can anyone do me a favour and take a look in the copy of the book for my
> ancestors.
>
> Stephanus DOERNER, B about 1865
> Victor Stephanus DOERNER, B 1898, Steierdorf-Anina
> August Karl Franz WICHMANN, B 1870, Winga
> Wilhelmina WICHMANN, B 1897, Winga
>
> Thanks and kind regards
> Stefan

This thread: