BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1124855830

From: "Dave Dreyer" <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] Translation needed and a question on illegitmate children
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:57:10 -0700

Paula;

Translation
Entrance in remarks(column), J F as the physical father.

The above, in the remarks column is the kind of remark one would expect for
the birth of a illegitimate kid.
Typically for a illegitimate kid the mother's name is give first in the
parents column, if the father's name is given at all.
The printed forms for registering births often have two columns where one
can check off if a birth is illegitimate or legitimate.
Often a precher will nake a one word notation if the birth is illegitmate,
spuri in Latin----but the key is that the mothers name always comes first
and it is generally not a problem to distinguish.
Dave Dreyer.