BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1124869204

From: "Steve Herold" <>
Subject: RE: [BANAT-L] Janitscharen - about carried off danubeswaben children in Yugoslawia after WW II
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:40:04 -0700

Quite a coincidence!
Tonight I was playing a CD "Dream of the Orient" by Concerto Koeln and
Sarband which was selected as one of the best classical CD's in 2003. One
of the songs caught my attention and when I looked at the notes the title
was Janissaries March and noticed that there were to of them. The term
"Orient" in this CD refers to 18th century Turkey.

I converted them to a .MP3 format and you can listen to them at
www.banaters.com/banat/DIRBrowse.asp?folder=%2F&sort=LastModified+DESC
By selecting JanissariesMarch.mp3 and JanissariesMarch1.mp3

If the URL gets truncated in this message you can go to www.banaters.com and
select uploads from the menu and then locate the files.

Steve