BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1125031249

From: "Dave Dreyer" <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] Joseph Kleitsch's birth place?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:40:49 -0700

Teddy;
There are three Josef Kleitsch entries in the New York passenger lists which
may be of interest. There are no Josef Kleitsch entries in the Baltimore
lists.
1. Ship Main arrived 12 Nov 1905 from Bremen
Kleitsch Josef 48, accompanied by wife, Margaret 46, daughters, Karoline 16
and Barbara 6. Last residence, D St Michael Going to join son, Josef
Kleitsch
2. Ship Main arrived 16 Jan 1906 from Bremen
Kleitsch Josef 27 Occupation farm laborer, Last residence Warjasch,
destination Detroit.
3 Ship Monterey, arrived 23 Mar 1912 from Veracruz, Mexico
Kleitsch Josef 30 occupation cartoon painter, last residence, Mexico City.
Destination to sister, Agnes Kleitsch in Philadelphia. Born in
Stemesteow/Hungary
Previously lived in Cincinnati in 1910.
Stemesteow is probably Temeswar.

Apparently after booking passage the son, Josef Kleitsch age 27 above was
delayed sailing for some reason, and was not yet in America by the time his
father, Josef Kleitsch 48 arrived.
Dave Dreyer